Thank you for your patience this week as we do our best to deal with the anticipated weather situations here in Houston. Unfortunately, based on the current forecast and weather advisories, the Steering Committee has made the decision to cancel the tournament this weekend. Houston Parks & Recreation has informed us that although Herman Brown Park is currently open, they will have to close all of the fields if it should receive any rain at all. Therefore, this decision was made with the convenience and safety of all involved in mind – players, travelers, spectators, vendors and volunteers.
However, we would welcome the opportunity to reschedule the tournament for another weekend based on team availability. Please have one person from each team complete the survey linked below. If we should have a quorum of teams available for one particular weekend, we will reschedule the tournament for that weekend.
We are very sorry for any inconvenience this news may cause, but we hope you understand the decision. Your patience and flexibility during this process is greatly appreciated. On behalf of Texas Children’s Hospital, Snowdrop Foundation, and the Steering Committee, thank you for your continued support of Derricks & Diamonds and helping to strike out pediatric cancer. https://www.surveymonkey.com/